$60 Rebate MBNA Cash Card

$60 Rebate MBNA Cash Card
$60 Rebate for new MBNA SmartCash MasterCard®

Monday, January 14, 2008

Lesson One, Respository Users, Groups and Folder

This lesson is pretty simple just show you how to connect to repository. My environment was already setup by my company's administrator. So I do need worry about install and setup repository server and service.

If you don't have environment, you have to install server and do configuration them by yourself. I tale looked that part, just need very powerful machine. So I just ignore that.

For this lesson, includes connect to a informatica repository (domain, server, port , username and password) , create groups and create a folder. Setup permission on that created folder. All these did in Informatica PowerCenter Repository Manager. Nothing special, everybody can under stand it easily.

And in this lesson also includes creating source tables and data for this tutorial. You need have a database and execute appropriate SQL file in PowerCenter Designer. I used smpl_ms.sql for SQL Server. This SQL file includes table’s schema and data. Informatica PowerCenter connects database target or source by ODBC. I installed MS SQL Server Express in my local box. It's free and seems ok, doesn’t eat too much resources compare to oracle. When you setup ODBC, server is "locahost\sqlexpress".

After SQL execute you can see few new tables with some data in sql server mater database.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice article post..
http://www.informaticaonlinetraining.co/